The Directorate of Labour offers the project Initiative to unemployed entrepreneurs. It’s main objective is to support jobseekers in creating their own job opportunity. If you have a business idea, whether it is an innovation and /or development project, a production, or a service, the program allows you to receive guidance and assistance to develop your idea. Participants will assess the market’s demand for their product and/or service and make a business plan to determine the efficiency of their project and whether it can meet the requirements to create employment.
The last group this spring is starting and new participants will not be accepted until this autumn. The Initiative program will be open for applications in August 2021
Requirements to participate in the Initiative program:
- Participants must have an approved application for unemployment benefits and have at least six months remaining of their benefit entitlement period.
- The business idea is considered likely to create future employment for the jobseeker.
- The jobseeker is prepared to familiarize themselves with the operation and establishment of companies.
- The jobseeker cannot have a registered employer’s number or ID number for calculated remuneration with tax office before applying for the program.
- Participants commit themselves to work full time on their business idea.
- Participants must participate in educational workshops during the contract period and be willing to receive guidance in the development of their idea.
- Participants must submit a business plan or equivalent documents to The Directorate of Labour within six months from the commencement of the program.
All applications for this program are reviewed by a committee from The Directorate of Labour.
Inquiries can be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org