One-time payment for the long-term unemployed
Jobseekers who have been paid unemployment benefits consecutively for 14 months or longer on the 1st of May 2021, will receive a grant from the unemployment insurance fund. The grant can amount up to 100.000 kr. but income tax is deducted from the grant.
Once the grant has been paid, jobseekers can view the payment slip with further information on ‘My pages’.
Please note that it is not necessary to apply for the grant, The Directorate of Labour pays it to the jobseekers who are entitled to it.
The Directorate of Labour therefore directs jobseekers to carefully read the information regarding the conditions for the payment of the grant.
Conditions for the grant payment to jobseekers with a 100% benefit entitlement and are considered fully insured.
- The jobseeker has been paid unemployment benefits for 14 months consecutively or longer on the 1st of May 2021.
- The jobseeker must have received unemployment benefits for the month of April 2021.
a). Please note that payment for the month of April 2021 was executed on the 1st of May.
- The minimum period for which the jobseeker must have received unemployment benefits is from the 1st of March 2020 to April 2021.
a). 14 months consecutively, uninterrupted.
b). This does not apply if the jobseeker has received unemployment benefits for 14 months during the period intermittently, as this is not an uninterrupted period.
- Example: An individual has been paid for the period of February 2020 to January 2021, was not paid for February 2021, but was paid for March and April 2021, does not meet the conditions of the grant, as this is not an uninterrupted period.
- Suspension periods for unemployment benefits are included in the 14 month period, if the jobseeker has been registered as unemployed with The Directorate of Labour while they are on a suspension period.
- The amount of the grant is maximum 100.000 kr. if the jobseeker has a 100% entitlement to the unemployment benefits.
a). If the jobseeker has a partial benefit entitlement, the grant is paid in proportion to the benefit entitlement. Example: If a jobseeker has a 50% benefit entitlement, they will receive a 50% of the grant or 50.000 kr.
- Income tax is deduced from the grant, but pension fund or labour union fees are not deducted.