Job notification

Mynd af fólki í vinnu

Working while receiving unemployment benefit:

  •  If you find work, you must report this to the Vinnumálastofnun before you start working. If you find occasional, short-term work, or  regular part-time work, you must submit a statement of your earnings through “My pages” on the Vinnumálastofnun website.
  •  You may not pursue work as a self-employed person while drawing unemployment benefit. If you accept work as a contractor, you  must take your name off the unemployment register while you are engaged on projects.
  •  All changes in your working status must be reported to the Vinnumálastofnun.
Hunang Hunang logo