December Bonus 2020
Jobseekers who confirm their job-search between the 20th of November and the 3rd of December in the year 2020 and are insured in accordance with unemployment insurance in the month of November, are entitled to the December bonus payment. This applies to both those who are paid general unemployment benefits and those who are paid unemployment benefits alongside reduced employment ratio.
The bonus will be paid out on the 10th of December.
The maximum bonus amount is 86.853 kr. and not less than 27.713 kr.
An extra 6% of the undiminished December bonus is paid for each dependent child.
To be entitled to the full December bonus, job seekers must have been registered as unemployed for 10 months in the year of 2020 and have a full benefit entitlement.
Jobseekers who have a partial benefit entitlement and have been registered as unemployed for 10 months are paid in proportion to their benefit entitlement.
Example for partial right if a jobseeker is registered for 10 months but with partial entitlement:
- 75% benefit entitlement, then the December bonus is 65.140 kr.
- 50% benefit entitlement, then the December bonus is 43.426 kr.
- 25% benefit entitlement, then the December bonus is 21.713 kr.
Jobseekers who have been registered as unemployed for less than 10 months are paid in proportion to the number of months that they have been registered and in accordance with their benefit entitlement.
Example for partial right if jobseeker is registered for fewer than 10 months:
- If you have been registered for 4 months and have a 100% entitlement, then you are entitled to 40% of the December bonus, or 34.741 kr.
- If you have been registered for 6 months and have a 50% entitlement, then you are entitled to 30% of the December bonus, or 26.065 kr.
I was paid unemployment benefits in the year of 2020 but not for the month of November:
Then you are not entitled to the December bonus. The condition is that the jobseeker confirms their job-search between the 25th of November and the 3rd of December and are considered insured as defined by the Unemployment Insurance Act in November.