Are you interested in societal challenges and public sector innovation? The city of Reykjavik seeks a research and project manager with appropriate skills and experience to join the city´s research and development team.
Applicants will have a background in social sciences or related subjects, knowledge of international and particularly European research programmes and ideally research project management experience.
This is a three year fixed term contract.
- Researching research grant opportunities and writing research grant proposals.
- Occasionally leading and coordinating research grant proposals.
- Project managing selected research projects.
- Performing research work related to Reykjavik´s current projects including doing empirical research and contributing to the preparation and writing of deliverables.
- Writing reports or sections of reports as required.
- Writing for publication in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters as part of project related activity.
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences and workshops, involving occasional international travel.
- You will have a PhD or be near to completing a PhD in social sciences or related subjects. Master´s degrees will be considered.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of international research and development funding in general and in particular the European research funding programmes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of research methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Research project experience.
- Experience of working in a research environment.
- Experience of planning and managing research projects including coordinating a variety of stakeholders and academic partners.
Application deadline December 12th 2018.
For more information about the post please contact;
Hulda Gísladóttir: email@example.com
Please apply by filling in an online application here: www.vinnumalastofnun.is/eures and put "EUR181128-01" in the field for employer.