Application for temporary support for the payment of wages due to the natural disaster in Grindavík.
The Directorate of Labour handles payments according to the Act on Temporary Support for the Payment of Wages Due to the Natural Disaster in Grindavík. The aim of the Act is to guarantee peoples’ income who are not able to perform their work due to the natural disaster in Grindavík by ensuring payment of wages to the person up to a certain maximum amount. The aim is also to maintain the employment relationships between employers and employees.
Please be informed:
The application system for employers will probably be ready in the middle of December.
This Act applies to temporary payments from the 11th of November to the 30th of June 2024 in the following cases:
- To employers in the general labour market who have paid wages to employees who are not able to perform their work at the workplace in Grindavík due to a natural disaster.
- To employees who are not able to perform their work at the workplace in Grindavík and their wage payments have been terminated.
- To self-employed individuals who are not able to perform their work in Grindavík.
- This resource does not apply to civil servants and municipality employees.
How would you describe your circumstances?
- I am an employer
- I am an individual who applies for support for the payment of wages due to the termination of wage payments
- I am self-employed