If you are ill you must report the illness to The Directorate of Labour. You are considered to be actively seeking employment despited incidental illness of up to 5 day in total.
Illness must be reported via My Pages.
- The beginning and end of an illness shall be notified to The Directorate of Labour without undue delay.
- Permission to utilize 5 days of maximum sick leave in two periods in each 12-month period.
- You must have been registered within the system for a total of 5 months during the same period.
- Furthermore, a medical certificate must be submitted within a week from the end of the period of illness, upon request of The Directorate of Labour.
- Illness of a child: it is not permitted to utilize the 5-day sick leave due to the illness of a child. If this will prevent you from actively seeking employment, unemployment benefits will not be paid for those days.